It seems like most of the DIYs I do turn out to be for Jack's room. I bought this pair of antlers back before he was born but they seemed a little boring and weren't mounted on anything. I decided that painting them in the same color scheme as the DIY painted surfboard and blocks I made a while ago would be the perfect way to add a little extra whimsy to his room.
Here is what you need:
-cedar slice (from a craft store, or from your own yard)
-picture hanging hardware
-craft paint in 5 or so coordinated colors + white paint
-painter's tape or washi tape
-foam paint brushes
-screw to mount the antlers (mine antlers came with a hole already drilled in them)
1. Hammer the picture hanging hardware onto the back of the cedar slice.
2. Paint the slice of wood.
3. Paint the antlers white. Let dry completely. May require a few coats.
4. Tape off the antlers leaving room for you to paint.
5. Paint the antlers using different colors of paint. No rhyme or reason is required, just vary the order for a fun and carefree look. May require a few coats.
6. Once the paint is dry, peel off the tape.
7. Screw the antlers into the piece of wood making sure to align with the picture hanging hardware on the back.