Happy snow day everyone (to all of you on the East Coast)! This morning I woke up and wanted something warm and hearty, so I cooked up a quick breakfast that I often made in Hawaii. It's oatmeal with coconut, macadamia nuts and dried cranberries...and it's delicious!
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (I use instant because I'm impatient)
- 1 cup milk (I use almond milk, but I'm sure coconut milk would be delicious!)
- 1 tsp to 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp to 1 tbsp chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tsp to 1 tbsp chopped macadamia nuts
- sweetener of choice (I used a packet of Splenda)
1. Combine all ingredients and cook oatmeal following cooking instructions on package.
3. Add a little milk if it's not creamy enough.
|Easy Hawaiian Oatmeal|
Simple enough huh? For an extra treat, try a little shaved white chocolate on top! You're sure to love it, especially on a snowy, cold day.