Hi everyone! I got such great feedback about the photos of my jewelry tray from my Everygirl home tour that I've decided to break it down and give you the essentials for the perfect girly area. Jewelry is so pretty that it deserves to be displayed and not cooped up in a jewelry box. I keep my less pretty items, or the pieces I don't wear often in my jewelry box, but I keep my favorite and most used pieces displayed so that they add some beautiful color to my apartment! Here are then essentials in creating your own lovely jewelry tray:
1. The first step is to get a tray. Any tray will do, and it's definitely an essential because it corrals everything together. My mirrored tray is from Target, but I have trays all over my house from CB2, World Market, Crate and Barrel and Target, and any of them would have worked just as well...so use what you have!
2. Gather up some small plates or bowls. I like to buy mine at antique or thrift stores, or Anthropologie if I want to spend a little bit more. It's also great to purchase them at markets when you travel. These little plates provide a spot for you to place your jewelry, specifically earrings or watches.
3. Ring holders are not actually essential, but they are a great way to gather up all your rings. Anthropologie has a lot of cute ones (how cute is this giraffe one or this Eiffel Tower???), and I wish I needed more than one.
4. My lucite necklace holder was a last minute addition, and now I don't know what I did without it. The lucite doesn't take up any visual space, so all the attention is on your pretty jewels! The Container Store is the best place to get these. They are under $20 and they make them in different heights (for bracelets or for necklaces...I went with the necklace one).
5. An apothecary jar is the perfect solution to round up all your bracelets. Make sure you get one that has a large opening so that your bracelets are easy to grab when you need them. The best place to get apothecary jars is TJ Maxx or Homegoods. They always have a wide variety for under $20.
6. Perfume! While technically not jewelry, it a necessity for a jewelry tray. I keep my favorites displayed so that I can easily wear a different one every day. Some of my favorites are Michael Kors Very Hollywood, Delices De Cartier Eau Fruitee, Gucci Eau de Parfum II, and Kate Spade Twirl (plus these are all really pretty!).
7. A beautiful mirror is the finishing touch. Mine is from TJ Maxx and it was such a bargain and so beautiful!
If you've been inspired to create your own jewelry display send me a picture and I'll share my favorites on my blog!
Note: All of these photos were taken by the talented Sarah Bradshaw for The Everygirl home tour. These are some of the more detailed shots that were not selected for the feature.